Center for Welfare and Adoption Studies
The purpose of the Center for Child Welfare and Adoption Studies is to maintain a research program that is responsive to the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services' mission and responsibilities in relation to adoption as a permanency solution for dependent children in care who cannot return to their families and that contributes to knowledge about permanency through adoption and the promotion of child and family well-being in adoptive families.
- The Center will initiate and carry out a research agenda that will advance public child welfare adoption knowledge and policies about child permanency through adoption.
- The Center will provide leadership and resources in the development of post adoption services in Illinois and in the development and dissemination of knowledge to advance adoption practice.
- The Center will facilitate the ongoing operation of post-adoption services in Illinois.
- The Center will serve as a repository of information on adoption research, policies, and practices throughout the nation.
- The Center will provide timely responses to departmental inquiries for information on specific adoption-related issues.
- The Center will seek funding for collaborative work with the department related to adoption.
For more information about the Center for Child Welfare and Adoption Studies visit the Center for Child Welfare and Adoption Studies Web site or contact Dr. Doris Houston at email@example.com